Sunday, September 16, 2012

Another post that talks about the weather

I really didn't want to be that person who has a blog where all they talk about is the weather and food. But I am going to be that person, and I think there's a reason that people do this - because that's the stuff you remember when you sit down to write at the end of the day. Also, my mood and general outlook is surprisingly highly influenced by both my temperature and happiness about what I've eaten.

So, I spoke too soon when I said that I thought Atlanta was cooling down. This weekend was quite toasty - especially Saturday. Sunday was a little cooler because it was really overcast (the forecast for tomorrow is thunderstorms - it's never just rain here, always thunderstorms), which in turn meant it was also more humid. But, the weather channel shows temperatures dropping below 70 next week and then staying there until the end of the month. 70 sounds pretty good to me, so here's hoping that the good folks over at the Weather Channel, which is headquartered here in Atlanta!, are doing their due diligence.

This weekend I made cobbler, and it was soooooooooo delicious. I think most things are delicious, especially when butter sugar flour crumbles are baked on top, but Seth is usually a harder sell on food. But he ate a ton of the cobbler, which is how I know he likes something. If he doesn't like what I've cooked, or what he's cooked, he won't say so, he will just only eat one bite. The cobbler was apple, blackberry, and walnuts. Yum yum yum. It's all gone, so you know I liked it. Next weekend I'm going to try out this recipe for peanut butter and honey cupcakes. Cupcakes are good because I can take the leftovers into work. I'm still new, and I'm not above bribing my co-workers to like me.

Saturday was spent watching the Galaxy game (We have a Roku now, and I paid for the MLS channel. They let us access an archive of most games, so when the Galaxy play at 11:00 pm Eastern time, I don't have to stay up - I can just watch in the morning) and running errands. And making and eating cobbler. Today we went bowling in the morning, then bought frames for our art.

 It looks a little bleak from this angle and in this light, but this bowling alley is so freaking cute. We drove by it a few weekends ago, and I have been wanting to go since then.

 Here's me kicking butt. I bowled like a 125 on the last game. I was pretty excited about it.

 Seth did pretty well too. You may notice that there is no one else in the bowling alley. Needless to say, Sunday mornings in Atlanta aren't a super popular time to go bowling. All the better for us!

Here's one of our prints hung proudly on the wall. Also this is the amazing sparkly pumpkin I bought at Target!

 Here's a peak into our living room, and you can see some more art stuffs on the wall.




No comments:

Post a Comment