Sunday, October 7, 2012

Pumpkins!

This Saturday, Seth and I drove out to Burt's Pumpkin Farm, out in Dawsonville. I don't really know much about Dawsonville. It's about two hours North of Atlanta, and seems to be pretty spread out. Oh, their Town Hall is in the center of a round about! I wish I had taken a picture of it, but it all happened so fast.

On the way to the farm we stopped at a Library Book Sale, in a town whose name I don't remember, and we got 7 books for $6.00. I love Library Book Sales! Anyways, we passed a number of other pumpkin farms and corn mazes on the way, and just when I was starting to think that we should have just stopped at one of those, we saw the sign warning, "Pumpkin Pickers Ahead." I had (wrongly) assumed that Burt's would be sort of a low key pumpkin patch, and boy was I wrong. The place was packed. There had to be close to 300-400 people on the farm, from seemingly all over the area. Thankfully, Burts's had tons of pumpkins, and many different kinds of pumpkins, most of which I had never seen.
Below are some of photos of our adventures.
 You may notice that this man is wearing an orange shirt that matches the pumpkins. A lot of people were wearing pumpkin/Halloween themed attire.



The farm had tons of pumpkins I had never seen before. Some were white, some were blue, some were really lumpy, some had crazy long stems, and some were really flat.

 And some were huge! I really wanted to hug one. My wish came true, but I didn't capture it on film.

 I eventually chose a pumpkin from the regular pumpkin section.

 Posing with the huge pumpkins. It was really sunny out.

Here's Seth at the entrance to the Farm. It was beautiful out there. And while it was sunny, it was still cool with a breeze. Oh man, fall has been great so far.

Here's our pumpkin haul. Seth is going to paint his blue/green pumpkin with chevron stripes. He is documenting the process, and I'll make sure to post that. I'm going to carve my orange pumpkin once it gets closer to the 31st.

No comments:

Post a Comment